Friday, March 20, Day 3
- Schools are being closed the week before and after the break to help to slow the potential spread of COVID-19 and to “flatten the curve” to avoid putting our health care system under significant strain. If you need resources for your son or daughter, please call the school to arrange for a pickup. Schools will be closed to the public starting March 23. Please call the school if you have any questions.
-practice social distancing where possible, which means maintaining at least 2 meters distance from others, limiting close proximity to less than 10 minutes, and avoiding physical contact like hand shaking
-practice more frequent and adequate hygiene practices, which means increased hand washing, minimizing the touching of one’s own face, and wiping down surfaces used by many people
-stay home if you are sick, and contact Health Links-Info Santé at 1-204-788-9257 or toll free at 1-888-315-9257 if you are symptomatic
- All grade 8 students are asked to return their DRCSS grade 9 course selection sheets to their homeroom teacher. Parents may drop these off at the Mackenzie Middle School office as well.
- Homework for all students can be picked up outside the main office until 3:30 today.
- All band instruments in lockers and in the back room must go home during the break.
- Please pay attention to the band website – www.mmsbandprogram.weebly.com – for updates and programming over the break.
- Refunds for the grade 7&8 ski trip are now available. If you paid by cash you can pick it up in the office or have your son or daughter take it home.
- All MAGIC basketball players need to return their jerseys to Mr. Hudyma before Friday, March 20th.